Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm a Parrot Head!



I've been a fan of Jimmy Buffett for several years now. I first started listening to his music in college and since then I've been hooked! There is NO better experience than seeing this man perform in person. From the parking lot tailgates, to everyone with their fins in the air it's a completely good time. Since 2003 I've been to 8 concerts (3 of which were in the same week...that was fabulous and exhausting all at the same time) and I get the pleasure of seeing him again tomorrow night! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself, it will be one of the best Tuesday nights in a while!
Here's me and a friend at my very first concert...yes, that's a pirate ship...built onto a pickup truck...

I'll be sure to take pictures tomorrow, maybe I'll even get to hula on stage...crazier things have happened!


To end, I'll leave you with some Jimmy Buffett song lyrics to live by:
"We've gotta roll with the punches
Learn to play all of our hunches
Makin' the best of whatever comes your way
Forget that blind ambition
And learn to trust your intuition
Plowin' straight ahead, come what may"
-Cowboy in the Jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment