Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The GLAM Christmas Tree Farm

Last Christmas I kept seeing these cute, but plain, glass Christmas Tree jars in different sizes everywhere. So what did I do? I waited until everything was marked way, way down after Christmas and I bought them all up (right around 30 of them...yikes!). I knew there was something that I could do with these jars to incorporate them into Whimsical Expressions, I just didn't know what. So, I packed them up, put them where ever they would fit, told my husband "Yes, I'm going to do something with them, please don't throw them away", and sat on the idea for almost a year.



Well, what a quick year it has been! Christmas is right around the corner, so I decided that I needed to get to work making these trees into something special. I had no clue I was going to hit such "writer's block" when I sat down to start creating. It seemed everything I tried failed, I would give them a frosted look with little snowflake designs, but the frost would peel off. I tried drilling holes in them so I could put a real tealight in them, but I broke some, and when I was successful, the candle still wouldn't stay lit. I was about to say "Off to Goodwill with you!" when the magic hit...


GLITTER! Of course, it's sparkly and pretty, and everyone loves glittery things at Christmas. I was finally on to it. Even the dogs liked the idea of glitter, there was glitter everywhere in the craft room, and they had fun rolling in what I got on the floor! With a little time, patience and a slight mess, I made this once boring Christmas Tree Farm, into a GLAM Christmas Tree Farm.

The tops come off and you can fill them with candy, put a battery operated tea light in them to give off a nice glow, or just sit them around and make your own little glamorous tree farm.

I will be selling these at the two upcoming craft shows (see my last post) and any extras will be available on my website after Nov 21st.

1 comment:

  1. They look really good! I like that you used 3 different colors.

    ReplyDelete